This Sherman tank is an M4A2E8 76w.
This Sherman was built in 1945 by Fisher Body Works, a division of General Motors. It is powered by twin General Motors diesel engines equaling 500 hp. This was a late war model of the Sherman with an improved gun with a 76 mm round which was the high velocity round. This tank featured wider track and improved suspension, thicker armor and had the better gun compared to the earlier Shermans. This tank was built too late in the war to see service in World War II but was used by the Canadian army after World War II. The tank is fully restored and fully operational. This tank requires a crew of five crew men. Consisting of a driver, assistant driver, tank commander, gunner, loader.